Culture Date with Dublin 8 is delighted to announce that it will be taking place again this year on the 19th and 20th May 2018.
Highlights of this year’s Culture Date with Dublin 8’s line-up include:
- A family fun day with children’s entertainment, historical re-enactments, puppetry, circus skills, poetry and more at the Irish National War Memorial Gardens Sunday, 20th May;
- An outdoor concert at the temple in Goldenbridge Cemetery Saturday, 19th May;
- Bespoke guided tours of Kilmainham Gaol, including a literary tour featuring women writers, and a family tour aimed at children between the ages of six and 12;
- Walking tours on the history of the Grand Canal and Goldenbridge by Pat Liddy sponsored by Waterways Ireland;
- Exclusive guided tours of IMMA’s exhibitions, where you can see works by two of the greatest painters of the 20th-century Lucian Freud and Frank Bowling, and works by Irish artist Brian O’Doherty; free entry to landmark exhibitions all weekend; family workshop, activity packs and self-guided garden trails;
- A Genealogy workshop, musical, and dramatic tours of Richmond Barracks;
- Guided tours of the Magazine Fort in the Phoenix Park.
- Participating in National Drawing Day which is also taking place on Saturday 19th May, all venues will be encouraging the public to explore the theme ‘Inspirational Settings in D8’ through the course of the day.
Find out more details and booking for whats set to be a packed weekend www.culturedatewithdublin8.ie