Liberties Festival: 5 Top Picks

Posted By The Liberties / 22nd June / Liberties Life, Love The Liberties, Mingle in the Liberties / 0 Comments

The 2016 Liberties Festival kicks off from 18th July running through to 23rd July. The Festival, now in its 46th year, is one of the highlights of the summer here in Dublin 8. So what’s in store? You’ll be delighted to know that the Festival team have outdone themselves this year with a dazzling programme of community and arts events, showcasing community life, local talent, creativity and the very best locations of The Liberties. Best of all 80% of events are free, while the other 20% offer unrivalled value. Get out and enjoy your festival. More details at www.libertiesfestival.ie.

Here’s our 5 Top Picks:

The Walk, Talk & Sing Liberties Tour – 18th July
Be prepared for gangs of singing Liberties-tics exploring the very best the area has to offer – we can already hear this renditions of ‘Biddy Mulligan’.

Opera in The Open – 19th July
The beautiful facade of St Audoen’s Church on High Street forms the backdrop to an evening of quality opera and classical favourites including special guests Amica Voce from Hungary.

What’s The Story? – 20th July
A veritable festival of poetry, spoken word and theatre hosted by Liberties poet-in-residence Colm Keegan. At the Tivoli on Francis Street.

Foil, Arms & Hog @ Nighthawks – 22nd July
Back to the Tivoli for top notch comedy, music and laughs for the perennial favourite, Nighthawks with guests including John Colleary, Alison Spittle and Pearse McGloughlin & The Nocturnes.

Frances Black at John’s Lane Church – 23rd July
Music royalty is in residence in the stunning surrounds of John’s Lane Church with a special performance from Frances Black (we tell no lie!)

And there is so much more. Details of all events and advance booking from www.libertiesfestival.ie

Comments

Comments are not allowed