Dublin City Council South Central Area office is now seeking applications under the Shopfront Improvement Scheme 2018. The scheme, which has operated for the past three years under The Liberties Business Area Improvement Initiative, supports businesses and property owners in a defined area to renovate and improve their shopfronts and building frontages as part of the wider renewal of The Liberties.
The scheme has supported almost 40 projects since 2015 on Thomas Street, Francis Street, James Street and Meath Street. In 2017 the scheme spurred almost €110,000 of investment.
Applications are now invited and the closing date for applicants is 30th March 2018. Qualifying works include:
- Painting and redecorating an existing shopfront
- Repair, decluttering, greening and general enhancement of shop and building fronts
- Certain works to the upper floors of buildings such as sash or timber window repair, rainwater goods repair
- Removal of high-level signage and redundant signage
- Installation of new shopfronts or material changes to existing frontages (subject to planning permission)
Details of the Scheme and Application Form are included below. More details on the scheme are available from firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (01) 222 5180 or 083 1949009.