The Tailors’ Hall is Dublin’s only surviving guildhall. Guilds were professional trades associations which once held huge sway in the commercial life of the city. Each trade had its guild and each guild its own hall or place of meeting. The Tailor’s Hall on Back Lane was built in 1707 and remains one of the most important 18th century buildings in the city. Road widening in the 1970s created the main view of the Hall from High Street, however the actual front and entrance of the building is on Back Lane.
Now the home to An Taisce – Ireland’s National Trust, Tailors Hall is open by appointment and may also be hired for events.
The Liberties newest visitor attraction combines history with the return of whiskey production to the area
Dublin's oldest pub dating to 1198
Diageo's experimental brewhouse is now open to the public
Ireland's National Cathedral for the Church of Ireland and a feature of Dublin's skyline since the 13th century.
Richmond Barracks is a neighbourhood hub that celebrates the rich stories and experiences of the local community, past and present.
St Patrick’s Tower is Europe’s tallest smock windmill (with a revolving top). It was built in 1757 to power the Roe Distillery, which by 1887…