Following on from the success of the Shopfront Improvement Scheme in The Liberties and Kilmainham-Inchicore, Dublin City Council has now made funding available for businesses and property holders in Dolphin’s Barn and Rialto. The scheme is applicable to shops and commercial premises on South Circular Road between Dolphin’s Barn and Rialto, Dolphin’s Barn Street from the Grand Canal to Cork Street and Rialto village. The push to improve shopfronts and building fronts is intended to built on completed village enhancement works at Rialto and a similar planned scheme for Dolphin’s Barn.
The scheme offers the same terms as that in The Liberties, with grant assistance for improvements works to a shopfront or building frontage covering 50% of the cost of works up to a maximum grant of €3,000. Applications are now invited and the closing date for applicants is 29th June 2018. Qualifying works include:
- Painting and redecorating an existing shopfront
- Repair, decluttering, greening and general enhancement of shop and building fronts
- Certain works to the upper floors of buildings such as sash or timber window repair, rainwater goods repair
- Removal of high-level signage and redundant signage
- Installation of new shopfronts or material changes to existing frontages (subject to planning permission)
Details of the Scheme and Application Form are included below. More details on the scheme are available from email@example.com or telephone (01) 222 5180 or 083 1949009.