The oldest surviving Guild Hall in Dublin which has been at the heart of Dublin for over 300 years. It is protected under Section 12 of the National Monuments (Amendment) Act, 1994 and is a designated Heritage site under the Heritage Act 1995. It won the Europa Nostra Award 1988, the Pan European Federation for Heritage. Building began in the first decade of the eighteenth century (or earlier). It is of considerable architectural and historical interest. It had a variety of different uses, including a meeting place for the Tailors’ Guild and other Guilds, it was used for entertainment, teaching, as an army barracks and a court house. Tailors’ Hall is best known for the series of important meetings held there in 1792 organised by the Catholic committee. These came to be known as The Back Lane Parliament.