The Liberties Festival is one of Ireland’s oldest festivals. From modest beginnings in 1970 it has grown to become a highlight of the summer in Dublin with a series of family-friendly, sporting and community events, and an exciting multi-cultural and arts programme all across Dublin’s most historic neighbourhood.
With events ranging from health & wellbeing, culture, music, environment and family-friendly actvities all rubbing shoulders with the old classics there is something for everyone over the course of the week. Check ut the full programme at www.thelibertiesfestval.com.
Among the highlights:
- Learn circle drumming, sound yoga and mindfulness techniques at Health & Wellbeing events
- Find out about the life of bees in the area and how you can monitor air qualty with Environmental events
- Check out lots of live music and events
- Humans of The Lberties – A collection of hand picked portraits & stories developed from the young people of The Liberties Training Centre from the heart of Dublin’s most iconic neighbourhood, The Liberties, The Village in The City
- Fighting Words Animation project – Local children has been putting this exciting event together; run by Fighting Words and the After School groups.
- Tony O’ Rourke Memorial Garda vs Traders Football Match – Clash of The Titans. Who will wear the garland of victory? In memory of the much-missed Tony O’ Rourke
- Blue Rinse Ball – Dinner, Dancing and Live Music for Liberties Residents celebrating their glory years.
Liberties Festival 2023 is delivered by two local community development projects- SICCDA & Robert Emmet CDP. More at www.thelibertiesdublin.com.