Dublin City Council South Central Area office is now inviting applications under the Shopfront Improvement Scheme 2019. The scheme, which has operated for the past four years under The Liberties Business Area Improvement Initiative, supports businesses and property owners in a defined area to renovate and improve their shopfronts and building frontages as part of the wider renewal of The Liberties. In addition to the main commercial streets of The Liberties, the scheme this year applies to Rialto, Dolphin’s Barn and the Leonard’s Corner area of Lower Clanbrassil Street.
The scheme has supported over 50 projects since 2015 on Thomas Street, Francis Street, James Street and Meath Street. In 2018, combined schemes in the South Central Area spurred almost €250,000 of investment.
Applications are now invited and the closing date for applicants is 5th April 2018. Qualifying works include:
- Painting and redecorating an existing shopfront
- Repair, decluttering, greening and general enhancement of shop and building fronts
- Certain works to the upper floors of buildings such as sash or timber window repair, rainwater goods repair
- Removal of high-level signage and redundant signage
- Installation of new shopfronts or material changes to existing frontages (subject to planning permission)
Details of the Scheme and Application Form are included below. More details on the scheme are available from email@example.com or telephone (01) 222 5180 or 083 1949009.